Building You a Better Smile
Dental advancements practiced by Edmond cosmetic dentist W. Ross Ryan allow dental professionals to restore the health of the teeth while also beautifying patients' smiles. For example, dental crowns are used to treat areas of decay and weakened tooth structure, as well as enhance the appearance of the tooth. Today, dental crowns can deliver a healthier, more functional, and more beautiful smile for the ideal candidate in the relaxed setting of Dr. Ryan’s luxury offices.
Dental Crowns at a Glance
Dental crowns can be made to match the exact color of the patient’s other teeth, so they are a great way to produce a more attractive, natural looking smile. Usually, a dental crown is employed to treat areas of decay or reinforce a tooth structure’s integrity.
The dental crowns procedure involves two visits to our practice:
- During the first visit, any decay will be removed from the tooth or teeth being treated. A portion of the natural tooth will need to be removed in addition to accommodate the dental crown.
- Then, an impression of the treated tooth will be taken. It will be sent to the lab, where it is used to create your customized dental crown. Patients will be fitted with a temporary crown until the permanent restoration is ready.
- Once your permanent dental crown is ready, you will return to our office so Dr. Ryan can switch out your temporary crown. The permanent restoration will be securely bonded to your tooth structure, sanded, and polished as needed for the most natural results in terms of look and function.
- The patient will receive necessary aftercare instructions before leaving our office.
Dental Crown Candidates
Do you think you are a good candidate for dental crowns? If this particular treatment is ideal for you, it is likely that you exhibit one or more of the following in at least one tooth:
- Decay too severe for a filling, inlay, or onlay
- Yellowing or discoloration
- Awkward shaping
- Crack or chip
- Discomfort chewing food
- Need for additional structural support
- Desire to improve the aesthetics of tooth
Ultimately, Dr. Ross will determine if you are a good candidate for dental crowns by performing a thorough evaluation of your teeth and gums during a patient visit at our conveniently located practice facility. For our Edmond restorative dentistry patients that do not require a dental crown, Dr. Ryan will recommend a different option that is best suited to treat your individual needs.
Learn More about Dental Crowns
At our Oklahoma practice serving Edmond, dental crowns are an excellent treatment for the ideal candidate. Please take a moment to reach out to a friendly member of our staff with any questions or to schedule an appointment, where your best course of treatment will be decided by our trusted dentist. Contact the dental practice of Dr. W. Ross Ryan today; a member of our friendly staff will be happy to schedule your appointment at a time that is convenient for you!